Isle of Wyrms Management Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything related to the Isle of Wyrms Second Life community

HomeEventsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

No double TP-Systems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hollus
Guardian
Guardian
Hollus

No double TP-Systems Empty
PostSubject: No double TP-Systems   No double TP-Systems I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 2:27 am

Explanation to the temporary "new" TPS in Cathedral compared with the existing TP terminal:

The reason it was put in (temporarily), was the quick "elevator"solution, to fly to different areas within the cathedral. No searching in bookmarks for a quick jump between work areas, just access the next TP-stone in reach. This device is a TP-System for construction workers, and will probably not be used afterwards. It has 3 destinations atm: Main, Belltower East and Library, and goes back and forth between all 3.

Snow has been thinking about a solution to a visually easier access concerning the walkways and stairs, that connect the different areas within the building. We couldn't find an entirely satisfying solution so far, and would probably also need Helena for reconstructions that concern the main structure. The idea of the inclusive "elevator" came up as a possibility. We weren't sure if the existing terminal could be set up like that so far.

The idea is, that a brandnew visitor to IOW, who hasn't been around and who doesn't know anybody here will be able to maneuver inside a complicated structure. They have to be able to distinguish from the menu, whether the page that pops up relates only to destinations within that building, or to other geographic locations/regions in the whole estate IOW, which are already in the system.

Step by step:

- I'm exploring SL and I never was on IOW before
- Flying around, I spot the cathedral
- I walk inside, and I see that it's a huge complex with multiple smaller areas
- I walk around and explore the main area
- I see a TP terminal amongst other things of interest
- I activate the terminal
- I see a sub- menu "Cathedral", encouraging me to explore the whole building
- Opening the menu, I find the different areas inside the building (Main, Belltowers, Library, Roof etc..)
- I also find a main-menu which shows me all other points of interest on whole IOW

All that matters is, that I know as a newbie that I can do both: TP around whole IOW, but also TP inside a certain smaller area, as long as that area is set up so. All I need for that are easy to understand TP menu titles. (1. Land, 2. Houses on land, 3. Areas inside one house).

If this works with the already standing TP network, would be the easisest solution.
Back to top Go down
snowy
Elder Guardian
Elder Guardian

No double TP-Systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: No double TP-Systems   No double TP-Systems I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 5:53 am

yes any system as to be super simple for clueless newbies and for non English speakers but I think Hollus has some good ideas
I had one thing I thought might make things easier for a first time visitor if I can find it
Back to top Go down

No double TP-Systems
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Isle of Wyrms Management Group :: Administration :: Administration :: Sim Project Planning :: General Sim Discussions-
Jump to: